Welcome to the
The YMCA of El Paso strengthens the foundations of our community through well-being and fitness, camps, family time, swim, sports and play, and other activities for people of all ages, incomes and abilities. We’re more than just a place to work out. At the Y, we help build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all with the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility at the heart of everything we do.
With a commitment to nurturing youth development, promoting healthy living, and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Y ensures that every individual has access to the essentials needed to learn, grow and thrive.
Loya Arts Programs (PDF)
Bowling Arts Programs (PDF)
Westside Arts Programs (PDF)
From its beginning in 1844, the Y has existed to serve the community and enhance people’s lives through programming that promotes a healthy SPIRIT, MIND, and BODY for all. Arts education programs for both youth and adults have been at the core of the Y mission since its inception.
The YMCA of El Paso’s Arts Program offers a noncompetitive environment for young people to experience and learn about the artistic side of their personality. Through the arts, we promote health, self-expression, teamwork, community building, and family strengthening.
The arts are a perfect vehicle for enhancing the YMCA’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith:
- The arts give kids a way to mark their identity.
- The arts use nonverbal parts of the mind and exercise symbolic meanings for expression that kids often have a hard time expressing verbally.
- The arts let kids use their hands and bodies and minds. They give physical and psychological satisfaction.
- The arts provide new ways of learning, which is good for students who may have difficulty learning verbally.
- Arts activities can instill a sense of community or be used to mark significant places, times, and events.
- The arts can help children deal with anxiety and provide organized activity and rituals in times of uncertainty.
- The arts articulate life concerns—love, birth, death, pain, mortality, joy. They acknowledge what we care about.
- The arts access deeper and higher parts of our nature. Through the arts we can access the best of ourselves.