Welcome to the
The YMCA of El Paso strengthens the foundations of our community through well-being and fitness, camps, family time, swim, sports and play, and other activities for people of all ages, incomes and abilities. We’re more than just a place to work out. At the Y, we help build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all with the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility at the heart of everything we do.
With a commitment to nurturing youth development, promoting healthy living, and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Y ensures that every individual has access to the essentials needed to learn, grow and thrive.
Strong Kids Campaign Pledge Card (PDF)
In 2012, the YMCA of El Paso served more than 31,000 people in our diverse communities. We bring together young and old; men, women and children; people of all faiths, backgrounds and incomes. No one is turned away for inability to pay. Scholarships, subsidies and outreach provide essential access to low-income families and individuals.
Every year, thousands of children participate in YMCA programs because of the Strong Kids Campaign. While participants are expected to pay their fair share, the YMCA Strong Kids financial assistance dollars are available to those who wish to participate, but who may have difficulty affording the fee.
The Y is a powerful association of men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life joined together by a shared passion: to strengthen the foundations of community. With a commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Y ensures that every individual has access to the essentials needed to learn, grow and thrive.
The YMCA has been a vital part of the El Paso/Dona Ana community for over 127 years. In order to continue our mission of helping others, we need your support. Through your support and generosity, we can do more for more children and families. Please consider one of the Strong Kids Campaign Giving Levels and help make a dramatic and positive difference in the lives of these children, their families and our community:
$.01 -$99 Sustaining
$100-$499 Century Club
$500-$999 Patron of Youth
$1,000-$2,499 Benefactor of Youth
$2,500-$4,999 Chairman’s Round Table
$5,000+ President’s Round Table
The hearts of our children are like good soil, they hear the word, accept it and produce a crop... 100 times that which was sown. Mark 4:20
When you participate in the Strong Kids Campaign, you are not only investing in programs, but also the future for our children as they mature throughout life. Our core values unite us as a movement with a common cause. They are the shared beliefs and essential principles that guide our behavior, interactions with each other and decision making.
As the YMCA of El Paso continues its 127+ year commitment to serving the youth and families of El Paso, it is important to remember our humble beginnings; to strive to improve our present programs; and to plan toward the future. Our future, your future and the future of our community brings us back to the factor that matters the most — our children.
Throughout our history, the Mission of the YMCA of El Paso has remained steadfast: to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
Today, we ask you to join us in our Mission and become part of the Strong Kids Campaign 2013.
YMCA of El Paso Successes
- $1,000,000 in facility improvements in the past 3 years.
- We teach more swim lessons and water safety classes than anyone in El Paso.
- This year, we have taught 3,600 children swim lessons and over 6,000 children to be safe around the water.
- We manage 4 military, 1 community and 3 county pools.
- We have opened 8 after school sites, in 3 school districts.
- We give out over $370,000 in financial assistance annually.
- YMCA hosts two of the three largest VITA sites (Volunteer Income Tax Association) and we completed 33% of all of the city tax returns.
- LIVESTRONG, at the YMCA, is a small group series designed for adult cancer survivors and has had 30 graduates.
- We host the city’s only Supervised Visitation/Safe Exchange program.
- We train more lifeguards than anyone in El Paso.
- We serve children and families from Las Cruces to Fabens.
- We had 500 children in our Day Camps this year with a total of 10,855 camper days.